Monday, 2 July 2012
This Creole dish tastes wonderful as it is, so tasty that any person from any part of the world will fall in love with it. I desided to keep the recipe unchanged.
Preperation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Baking time : 20 minutes
Difficulty : Medium
Serves : 4 - 6
1) Preheat oven to 425 F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2) Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, corn and 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are softened, about 4 minutes.
3) Transfer to a large bowl. Let cool for 5 minutes. Add crab, egg white, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, mayonnaise and lemon zest. Mix well.
4) Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions (about 1/2 cup each). Form each portion into an oblong patty that's about 4 inches by 2 inches. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
5) Combine the remaining 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and 2 teaspoons oil in a small bowl. Sprinkle 1 heaping teaspoon of the breadcrumb mixture over the top of each croquette, then gently press it on.
6) Bake the croquettes until heated through and golden brown on top, about 20 minutes.