Couscous Stuffed Peppers
This is an ideal dish from Morocco, which can be served as a starter for party or even for a regular dinner menu. Choose a rainbow of colours for this healthy side dish. Chickpeas, feta cheese, and couscous make these stuffed peppers the star of any family dinner. The dish is wonderful to look at and equally healthy for all the family members.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 50 minutes
Difficulty : Medium
Serves : 4
2) In large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water, simmer peppers and lids covered, 5 minutes. Drain.
3) Preheat oven to 350°F.
4) Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium flame. Add zucchini and garlic. Saute 2 minutes.
5) Stir in lemon juice. Cook 1 minute and remove from heat.
6) Stir in couscous, chickpeas, tomato, oregano, salt, and pepper.
7) Stir in cheese. Fill each pepper with couscous mixture.
8) Place upright in shallow baking dish. Cover with pepper tops.
9) Bake just until filling is heated through, about 20 minutes.
10) Serve hot, decorated with salad.
In case you don't get couscous, you can use Dalia/Broken wheat. Dry roast Dalia in a hot wok till golden and fragrant. Wash well, drain and put in a wide mouthed vessel. Now pour a teaspoon of Olive oil and pinch of salt from top and fill it with hot water. The hot water should reach an inch above the Dalia. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes. At the end of the 15 minutes, it will soak all the water and become soft. Fluff it up with a fork and use it.