Golubsky - Russian Cabbage RollThis Russian dish is an wonderful addition which can be easily cooked in any Indian kitchen. For Indian palate and food restrictions I have used minced Mutton instead of Beef or pork mince, which are commonly used. So anyone who feels can alter it with any other mince, as per their choice.
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Cooking time : 1 hour
Difficulty : Medium - Hard
Serves : 4 - 6
- 12 Cabbage leaves
- 400 grams Mutton Minced
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 2 Carrots, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tomatoes, seeded and chopped.
- 2 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- 500 mils Vegetable stock or Stock powder melted in hot water
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder, to taste
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika (this can be replaced with Mirch powder)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2/3 cup sour cream (If you don't get this, please don't panic... Hang curd in cheese cloth for an hour to drain away all the liquid, add plain cream, which are available in tetrapaks in all big stores, your sour cream is ready)
1) Bring a large kettle of water to a boil. Separate cabbage leaves from cabbage head. Drop cabbage leaves into rapidly boiling water for 1-2 minutes, only enough to make them pliable. Drain.
4)Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly and stir in the carrots, egg, rice, paprika and seasoning.
6) Place side by side in the same heavy skillet, adding remaining butter.
8)Transfer to serving platter, keeping warm.
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 tablespoon tomato Ketchup
2/3 cup sour cream