Chicken Mince Pie
For the Pie Crust :
- 2 Cups of Plain Flour
- 110 grams of Salted Butter, Chilled and chopped into small cubes
- 5 -6 tablespoons of Cold Water
- 1 egg for brushing
For the Pie Filling :
- 1 Carrot, peeled, chopped
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 400g Chicken mince
- 4 Frankfurters, Chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plain Flour
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped (if you don't get fresh ones, used bottled one)
- Salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons of Tomato puree or Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
Making the Pie Crust :
- 1) In a large bowl, combine flour chilled butter cubes. With light fingers rub butter with the flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2) Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. DO NOT Kneed.
3) Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4) Spread loose flour on a clean counter top. Unwrap the dough and roll it round to fit a 9 inch pie dish, with a thickness of about 1 - 2 cm.
5) Take a big round plate, place in the centre of the dough , now neatly cut the remaining dough from the side and set aside.
6) Roll the dough on your rolling pin and gently place over the Pie dish. The dough should be larger than the pie dish.
7) Carefully set the dough along the flutes and completely cover the base. If there is any extra dough hanging from the side, just roll your pin over the top, they will fall apart.
8) Pre heat the oven at 200 degree. Place a baking sheet one the pie, pour some rice on it to cover the bottom. Bake for 15 minutes.
9) Take out the pie, Carefully remove the lining and bake blank at 180 degree for another 10 minutes. Now your crust is ready.