Romanian Baked Fish with VegetablesBaked Fish with vegetables is a traditional Romanian recipe for a classic dish of fish pieces cooked with aubergines (eggplants), tomatoes and bell peppers in a tomato-based sauce that's finished by being baked in a foil parcel in the oven. I came across this recipe in the UNICEF India's Canteen. I wrote it down and followed it ditto every time I prepared it. The very same recipe is presented here and I hope you enjoy this classic Romanian version of Baked Fish with Vegetables.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Baking Time : 10 minutes
Difficulty : Easy
Serves : 4
- 60 ml Vegetable Oil
- 3 Onions, chopped
- 3 Bell Peppers, sliced into 1 cm strips
- 3 Tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium Aubergine (Eggplant), cut into 6 mm slices
- 60 gms fresh Parsley, chopped
- 6 Fish Fillets, cut into 5 cm pieces
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground Black Pepper, to taste
Method :1) Heat the oil in a pan then add the onions and peppers and fry for about 6 minutes, or until just soft.
2) Add the tomatoes and aubergines then season with the salt, black pepper and parsley.
3) Stir gently to combine, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, season the fish with salt and black pepper.
5) When the 5 minutes are up add the fish pieces to the vegetables and stir to combine.
6) Take a large piece of kitchen foil fold in half to double then oil the inside very well.
7) Take the fish mixture off the heat then form a parcel from the foil and fill with the fish mixture.
8) Pre heat oven to 180 degree Celsius
9) Seal well then place the parcel on a baking tray and transfer to an oven pre-heated to180 degree
10) Bake for 25 minutes then turn into a warmed dish.
11) Serve it with freshly baked bread and a bowl of greens.