Kenyan Fried Fish (Samaki wa Kukaanga)
|Samaki wa Kukaanga|
- Clean and wash the fish fillets well. Then marinate them in lemon or lime juice with little salt for 30 minutes.
- After marination period take them out of lime juice and dab properly in paper towel to soak excess liquid.
- Add salt and red chili powder and mix it well with the fillets.
- Heat a wok over high flame and add oil for frying.
- Once the oil is substantially hot and ready for frying reduce he flame to low
- Add a few fillets at a time. Remember not to overcrowd the wok.
- After a couple of minutes increase he heat to medium and turn the fillets.
- Fry them well turning in between till they are brown on both sides.
- Take them out with a skimmer on kitchen towel to soak excess oil.
- Serve hot with a bowl of salad.