Romanian Chicken Liver Stew
- Chicken Liver : 500 grams (cut into medium pieces)
- Brandy : 1 glass
- Sherry : 1 glass (optional) you can use Chicken stock instead of sherry
- Garlic : 2 cloves (finely minced)
- Chives : Hand full (finely chopped)
- Parsley : Hand full (Roughly chopped)
- Sour Cream ; 1/2 cup ( If you don't get sour cream use well beaten sour curd)
- Butter ; 3 Tbsp
- Salt : To taste
- Wash and clean the Chicken Liver pieces well in cold water mixed with salt and set aside.
- While the liver is resting chop the greens ( chives and parsley)
- Heat a pan on medium flame and add the butter.
- As soon as the butter melts add the greens, keeping aside a little of parsley and stir for a minute.
- Add minced garlic and fry for a minute.
- Increase the flame to high and add the liver pieces and stir well for 3 - 4 minutes
- Quickly add the Brandy and stir well. The pan might catch fire. Don't get scared, it will die down quickly.
- Once the flames die cover and cook over medium flame for 5 - 7 minutes
- Open the cover and add the Sherry or Stock. Mix well
- Now add the Sour cream and blend well.
- Let it cook for a couple of minutes over slow flame. Now add the salt to taste and mix well.
- Check the seasoning and adjust if required.
- Now add the remaining parsley and stir well.
- Serve immediately with some French or Rye bread.