Jasha Maroo or Bhutanese Mince Meat Curry
Bhutanese dishes are not as common as Chinese or Thai or Even Burmese food but the food from Bhutan are simple affair that are prepared from fresh local ingredients. The simple people of Bhutan traditionally rear sheep and goats, which provide them with both food and clothing. I had this dish during my first visit to Thimpu, The Capital city of Bhutan. It was served with loads of fried potatoes, steaming fresh rice and a bowl of simple salad made of cucumber, onions and tomatoes. The flavours of this dish are so simple and honest that it stole my heart. I have prepared this dish over and again and it never failed to please my guests or my family members. You can try preparing this dish at home, I am sure your family members would feel the same.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 25 minutes
Difficulty : Very Easy
Serves : 4 - 5
Ingredients :1 kilo Mutton/Lamb mince
2 tbspoon of Vegetable Oil
2 cloves Garlic, crushed
2 medium Onions, sliced
2 - 3 Tomato, chopped
3 Green Chilies, cut into small pieces or use Chili powder
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon Coriander Powder
1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
Chopped Cilantro/Coriander leaves
Method :1. Wash Clean and drain Mince well.
2. Heat a wok over medium high heat, add oil to the wok.
3. Put in onions, tomatoes, chilies and garlic, give a quick stir and lower the heat to medium.
4. Add Coriander powder and Turmeric powder. Mix well.
5. Add the mince and salt. Mix well with the onion mix in the wok.
6. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or till the mince is well cooked. Check the water in between, if it dries up add a little at a time.
7. Check the seasoning and adjust if required.
8. Serve hot with rice and don't foregt to sprinkle the chopped Cilantro/coriander leaves before serving.