Moroccan Vegetable Curry
The vegetable curry is a staple meal in every part of the world and each country has it's own signature Vegetable Curry. The Vegetables used in the curry are almost same everywhere, it's the spices and herbs that makes all the difference. The flavours of a curry reflect the food and cultural heritage of that country. This Vegetable Curry is no exception. It is mostly spiked up with orange juice, you can also use ginger juice to give it an unique flavour.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 35 minutes
Difficulty : Easy
Serves : 4
Method :1 ) In a large pot place sweet potato, eggplant, peppers, carrots, onion, and three tablespoons oil.
2) Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
3) In a medium saucepan place 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, turmeric, curry powder, cinnamon, salt and pepper and saute over medium heat for 3 minutes.
4) Pour garlic and spice mixture into the large pot with vegetables in it.
5) Add the garbanzo beans/Chick peas, almonds, zucchini, raisins, and orange juice.
6) Simmer 20 minutes, covered.
7) Add spinach to pot and cook for 5 more minutes.
8) Check the seasonings and adjust if required. Serve hot along with long grained cooked rice. You can also sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves on the curry before serving.