Teriyaki style Tofu and Noodles in Broth
This rich, Japanese-style broth, flavoured with vibrant fresh herbs, ginger, and garlic, peps up firm tofu and long strands of earthy buckwheat noodles. Though it is a vegetarian dish, but this heart warming dish is a winner on any dinner table. When I cook this dish I just make some minor changes in the ingredients, which you'll see won't make much difference to the original taste.
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 25 minutes
Difficulty : Easy
Serves : 4
1) Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil and cook the soba noodles according to package instructions, or until al dente, about 6 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, cut all of the mixed vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Add to the simmering pasta for the final 3-4 minutes of cooking.
3) Drain the pasta and vegetables in a large colander. Place all remaining ingredients in the empty saucepan and return it to the heat. Heat until simmering, then reduce to low.
4) Return the pasta and vegetables to the pan, and cook very briefly until they are reheated.
5) Serve in deep soup bowls, with a spoon to drink the broth and a fork or chopsticks for picking up the solid ingredients.