Greek Chickpeas with SpinachA classic Greek dish, served in most Greek household and every family has their own little touches which makes the dish so easy yet flavoursome and nutritious. The common ingredients like Chickpeas and spinach turns out to be a lip smacking wonder in a matter of minutes. I kept all the ingredients as it is because they are pretty common all around the world and are very easily available.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Difficulty : Easy
Serves : 4
2) Once it hot add Onions, saute for a few seconds and then add garlic and fry for a minute.
3) Now add the chickpeas, tomatoes, pepper flakes (to suit your taste), and oregano,and paprika.
4) The tomatoes will release water, if you don't think it's enough, add 1/2 cup of warm water. Cover and simmer for about 18 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5) Add spinach and cook about 7 minutes longer, or until spinach is cooked.
6) Add the lime juice, salt and pepper. Stir well. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if required. Pour in a wide mouthed bowl.
7) Crumble Feta/Paneer and spread on top of the dish and serve hot with Roasted Loaf breads.