Russian Potato Salad
2) During that time drop in eggs to cold water; bring to boil and let boil for 10 minutes.
3) Add cocktail sausages in boiling water for last 5 minutes or so, drain and let cool and then chop.
4) Do not forget to shock the eggs with cold or ice water, or you'll never get the shells off; separate egg whites from yolks, mash yolks, chop 1 egg white and thinly slice other for garnish if desired.
5) In a large bowl, combine potatoes, sausages (chopped), peas, onion, carrot, capers and chopped egg white.
6 ) In a smaller bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, and mashed egg yolks; season with salt and pepper to taste.
7) Gently combine dressing with potato mixture and chill until serving time.
8) If desired, serve on a bed of lettuce, surrounded by tomatoes, and egg white slices; sprinkle with fresh or dried dill, fresh parsley, and paprika, or any combination you like.
9) You can serve this with warm crusty breads to make a full meal out of this.