A Classic Prawn Cocktail with an Indian twistLet's be naughty tonight. Let's add up some small Indian touches to the Classic Prawn Cocktail and surprise the world...
Preparation time : 25 minutes
Cooking time : 2- 3 minutes
Difficulty : Very Easy
Serves : 4
- 500 gms of Fresh medium sized prawns. Shell the head and the coat, but leave the tail. Don't forget to take out the poop shoot from the back of the prawn !!!
- 1 big fresh bundle of Iceberg lettuce , use outer leaves for decorating other dishes, use crispier inner leaves to line your cocktail cups.
- 5 heaped tablespoon of good Mayo. If you can make at home, use that, otherwise go with the ones with good creamy texture.
- 5 tablespoons of Tomato sauce, if you use a spicy one, it will only add up to the taste.
- A few dashes of Tabasco sauce.
- 2 table spoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Salt to taste.
- Large pinch of paprika powder to decorate
- A few sprigs of coriander leaves or large slice of lemon to decorate the glass
3) Take a clean bowl with a wide mouth. Pour mayo in and the tomato sauce, along with it the few dashes of Tabasco sauce. Whisk well with a fork.
4) Add lime juice and mix well. Taste and them add the salt as per requirement.
5) Now add the prawns and fold in slowly. Once they are well mixed, divide them in four equal portions and serve over the bed of lettuce leaves.
6) Top up with a tiny sprig of Coriander leaves. Sprinkle a pinch of paprika and decorate with a fine slice of lemon.
7) Don't forget to add a spoon before serving.
NOTE: It is best served chilled . If you have a little time in your hand prepare the sauce ahead and put in in the freezer to cool. Mix the prawn and decorate minutes before serving.