Nasi GorengThis Indonesian Dish is quite famous. I am posting the dish, the way my sons love to make it. They have added and omitted a few ingredients and given a few flavoursome twist to this popular dish. I polished off my plate, I am sure, once you cook this at home your kids are going to follow my example...
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 20 - 25 minutes
Difficulty : Medium
Serves : 4 - 6
Direction :1) Pound garlic, shallots, and salt in a mortar until they form a paste, or grate them with a fine grater.
2) Heat wok/ kadai over medium heat. Drizzle in 1 Tbs. oil and swirl to coat to the bottom. Add the garlic mixture and stir fry for 1 minute.3
3) Add the sliced Mutton/lamb and cabbage. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes until meat is cooked through.
4) Cook the rice separately till well done. Drain and fluff up with a fork.
5) Add in the cooked rice and fry, coating well with the pan juices.
6) Add in the Bok choy. mix well.
7) Move all the ingredients to the side making a well in the middle of the wok/ kadai.
8) Drizzle in 1 tsp. oil, and break the egg into the wok. Scramble the egg, till the egg is done.
9) Add in the bean sprouts and stir everything together.
10) Add Salt to taste, Adjust if necessary.
11) Plate the Nasi Goreng and serve with optional garnishes.