This is a Russian Dish which I really liked. I have not made much changes to the original recipe. Though it might taste slightly bland according to Indian taste, you can spruce it up by increasing the amount of Ground Pepper powder.
Cooking time : 45 minutes
Difficulty level : Easy
Serves : 6
100 grams of any short grained rice
2 medium onions
2 tablespoons of flour (Maida)
Salt to taste
1 Large pinch of ground Pepper
Oil to fry (Any vegetable oil would do)
1. Boil mushrooms in salted water, drop on a sieve and wash under running water. Let water trickle down.
2. Chop mushrooms finely.
3. Chop onion finely
4. Heat oil in a Wok/ Non stick Kadai/ Skillet and fry onions in oil, till they are translucent and soft, but not browned.
5. Boil rice until almost cooked and cool down.
6. Mix mushroom with onion, rice, salt to taste. Add pepper.
7. Shape small cutlets and Roll each of them in flour.
8. Heat oil for frying. Fry Cutlets in oil until there is golden skin.
9. Serve with salads from fresh vegetables.