Vegetable Au GratinAu Gratin is a French dish, loved and cooked all over the world. An easy dish, for which I'm giving the vegeterian version, you can turn the same dish into non-veg by just adding up fried Sausages, Par- boiled or broiled chicken cubes, Pieces of cured ham or any other items you fancy. A little innovations in this dish is adding up a bit of spices... which you can always omit, if you want to make an authentic French Cuisine.
Prepetaion time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Baking time : 5 - 7 minutes
Difficulty : Easy
Serves : 6
1 Mediem Onion cubed
1 medium Head Broccoli, Cut into medium florettes and blanched
1 Yellow Bell pepper, cored, seeded and cubed
1 Red Bell Pepper, Cored, seeded and cubed
200 gms button mushroom, washed, scks removed and cubed
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup frozen peas
Vegetable oil 1/4 cup
Butter 1/2 cup
Flour 3 tablespoons
Light Cream 1 cup
Salt to Taste
1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
Brittania Cheese cubes 4
1. Heat oil in a wok over medium heat add the minced agrlic fry for few seconds, till they are no longer raw.
2. Add onions followed by rest of the veggies. Add some salt, simmer and slow fry all the veggies till the water evaporates. Keep them separately.
3. In another non stick kadai heat up the butter and once it is melted (don't allow it to burn), slowly add the flour and keep stirring, so that no lumps form. Fry for a few minutes till the flour is no longer raw.
4. Take it off the flame and add the cream slowly, stirring continuously. Add salt and pepper to taste, check seasoning and take off flame completely.
5. Add 1 cube of grated cheese to this sauce.
6. Now add the cooked veggies to the sauce, fold in slowly and pour in a square or oval dish,
7. Grate the remaining three cubes of cheese on the top of Gratin,
8. Microvawe till the cheese melts.
Serve hot with chunks of crusty garlic bread and fresh salad greens.