Button Mushrooms in Almond Sauce
This delicate flavoured, wonderful dish is from Spain. Spain has a wonderful variety of wild mushrooms. If you live in Spain, try going to your local fruit and veg market in the Autumn and ask stall holders how to best cook each different kind (fried, grilled, stewed...). Unfortunately I can't afford that, living here, in India. So I opted for a Spanish Dish which can be cooked with the mushrooms that are readily available here. This recipe combines the delicate flavours of oyster mushrooms and almonds. But I recreated it with Button Mushrooms.Try this exotic dish, I assure you it's worth.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Difficulty : Easy
Serves : 4
2) Grind the peeled almonds (use a blender if you have one)
3) Heat the butter in a frying pan over medium heat and add the mushrooms. Be careful about the fact that the butter should just melt and not burn.
4) Season with salt and paprika, fry for 8 minutes turning the mushrooms so they brown on both sides
5) Heat a separate pan, put the white wine, ground almonds and flour in that pan and cook until the sauce thickens - stir to prevent the sauce becoming lumpy.
6) Put the fried mushrooms on a serving plate and pour the sauce over them - garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve immediately with some Crusty Fresh bread.
If it isn't the right season for oyster mushrooms just use any other type of mushroom for this dish. Like I used Button mushrooms.