Stir fried Chicken in Oyster Sauce
This is one of my most favourite Chinese dishes. It is an ideal dish for busy weeknights, when you are too tired too cook some thing elaborate, but need a quick, healthy and tasty dish to be served at dinner... remember this dish. Just serve it with hot rice or even better a simple egg fried rice, children and their dads will be lapping it up.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Difficulty : Very easy
Serves : 4
2) Peel and chop the onion. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Cut the red bell pepper in half, remove the seeds, and cut into 1-inch squares.
3) In a small bowl, combine the Chicken broth, Oyster sauce, soy sauce , rice wine, ( dry white wine or dry sherry can be use instead of rice wine), and brown sugar. Set aside.
4) In a non-stick frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken thighs and brown on both sides. Remove the chicken thighs from the pan and drain on paper towels. Do not clean out the pan. Remember not to over crowd the pan, then the chicken pieces will get braised and not get browned. Do it in batches.
5) Add the onion and garlic into the pan, and cook until the onion is softened (about 5 minutes).
7) Bring the sauce to a boil, then add the chicken thighs back into the pan. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer the chicken until the juices in the thickest part of the thigh are clear when pierced with a fork (about 15 minutes). Stir the chicken occasionally while cooking.