Cambodian Grilled Ginger Chicken Wings
The first lesson taught to any child is not to waste food and that is what the Cambodian Grand-moms were doing when they invented this dish. I might sound funny, but no, that is actually where this dish originated from. After the main portions of chicken are used up for the main dish the ladies thought about doing something with the little snippets that are left over. There not used to be too much of the flame left on the open fire, where they generally cooked on, hence they Char Grilled the small winglets on the left over heat. That what lead to this wonderful dish, which I wanted to share with you today. I use regular sized wings and a Grill, so can you, but while having this dish, remember those wonderful ladies, in remote Cambodia.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Marination Time : 4 hours to Overnight
Grilling Time : 15 - 20 minutes
Difficulty : Very Easy
Serves : 8 - 10
Method :1) Wash, Clean and drain the chicken wings properly.
2) Put chicken wings in a large bowl or zip lock bag with soy sauce, salt, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and paprika, mix well.
3) Cover wings or keep them in the zip lock bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or over night.
4) Pre heat the oven to 160 degrees Centigrade.
5) Cook chicken wings on low heat grill until golden brown & skin is crispy. (About 15 minutes).
6) Serve hot along with a bowl of Salsa or any other dip you wish or enjoy as it is.